If there’s one thing you can count on with cooking it’s the multitudinous ways you can cook a popular dish. There’s often more than one way to make your favorite food. since childhood one on my favorites was spaghetti. The most popular way to make it is just boiled and topped with sauce and maybe with a little grated parmesane. After a little research, I discovered a more delectable and healthy way to prepare it. Takes more time, but it’s worth it.
- ½ box spaghetti pasta
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 C finely shredded Mozzarella, divided
- 1 C Favorite tomato sauce, divided
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti and drain. Coat evenly with melted butter, salt and pepper. Add two large spoonfuls of tomato sauce and coat spaghetti.
- Place have pasta in 8×8 baking dish, top with half tomato sauce and 1 C mozzarella. Repeat. Cover with foil, bake 30 min. Remove foil, bake additional 20 min or until cheese begins to brown. Let sit 5 min before serving.
Remember to tent the foil so it doesn’t stick to the cheese and make it too difficult to remove from the dishpan when ready. and don’t discard right away. Reuse it to wrap up leftovers too. Keep in mind this delectable dish is very filling. Ideal for a night of comfort food.