I Love scratch cooking. It’s often relaxing, sometimes therapeutic, and most importantly you always know what’s in your food and what you’re eating. Ergo it’s often healthier than frozen food. Which goes without saying. It’s not always as convenient but health wise of course it’s better for you.
I like to tinker with recipes at home. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. But when it does the results are very satisfying. I want to share my success recipes with others. Hope others can enjoy them as much as I do. I’ll start with one of my favorites for its simplicity and its delicious taste.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 C. water
- 1 tsp powdered chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp orzo pasta
- 1 C. fresh chopped spinach
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in med stockpot over med heat. Add scallion and garlic, saute about 2 min or until scallions become translucent.
- Add water and powdered chicken bouillon. Stir briefly to combine. Bring to boil, add pasta and let cook stirring occasionally until pasta is tender. About 10 min.
- Stir in finely chopped spinach, cook until tender. About 3 min. Season with salt and pepper.
Anyone who tries this please leave comments and let me know how it turns out. Thank you and enjoy!
(image found on google)